Monday, March 14, 2022

Best Outdoor Patio Items for 2022 | Give Your Patio a Makeover!

Patio furniture these days so much of it is coming in rattan and for good reason because it just has this real sort of relaxed sort of feel for that's perfect for an outdoor patio space so even if you're maybe not looking for that sort of eclectic rattan in a boho space inside I still think it works really well for an outdoor space just because you want a space that feels relaxed and open and friendly and just for tan just does a really great job of doing that it also comes in a sofa too but I've selected the chair for this video because I just think it's cool and I love the shape of it okay next up on my list is the Selena white terrazzo stool I think it looks gorgeous in the stool, I love that it's multifunctional you can probably sit on this I would assume it would support your weight yeah it's a stool of course it would but you can also use it for holding drinks you can use it as sort of a side table if so it's kind of multifunctional in that sense it's also lightweight so you can move it on your patio so it's super flexible love this stool i also think you can also switch it up and bring it indoors during the winter bring it inside and it would look gorgeous inside your space too in the wintertime 

okay next up on my list is the Calais sofa now I'm gonna be honest this is a little bit biased because i have two of these I love these sofas because I love my favorite thing about them is that they've got these wide beautiful armrests and I love that because that's where you can put your drinks so it kind of eliminates the need to need sort of side tables outside sometimes if you know you might not have the space to have multiple side tables it is still nice to not have to worry about the side tables because then you don't have to worry about matching them and you can kind of put plants next to them which are really gorgeous and what you kind of want to do when you're outdoors so I love that this is a great place to put drinks I also love it's got this the little sneaky section down below so you can put little cute plants or herbs or something like that and you can sort of really kind of integrate it well into the space it's really heavy it's really substantial I've had out there for a year honestly it looks the same as it did when I first bought it and it also has these really deep cushions so you might not be able to tell from this photo but trust me this is a couch that you can curl up in uh it's great for those sort of summer evenings when you've got the wine and you've got maybe the fire pit and you're just sitting there chatting with friends remember when we used to have friends those were the days maybe they're coming back again let's hope um and it's just great for having those nights because you can just sort of curl up on this couch I can just tell you it's beautiful because it's got these gorgeous deep seats which i love next up on my list is this boy lantern and stan set it's got this really uh really cool sort of iron and rattan look at it which is kind of neat it's battery operated so you don't necessarily need to have access to electricity which makes it super flexible.

Patio ideas
It also comes in a smaller size and just a great way even in your outside space to layer in your lighting I know we've talked about that in previous videos about doing that inside but it's important to do that outside too so you've got kind of a stand lantern but then you've got this other standing lantern and you just got different ways that you can layer your out lighting outside more on other ways you can layer your lighting further on in the video but i think it's a great option next up is the airy lounge chair which is another one that I loved from last year that the article has kept around um again it's got this boho sort of look to it but it just looks like a gorgeous sort of comfy side chair I wish I got this side chair for outside i actually selected a different one a long story I wish I got this one but anyway there you go um cool I think it's one of the best lounge chairs they probably have for outdoor at an article it's just kind of again you got this a relaxed beachy vibe like we've talked about before with the rattan and I think it just carries through in this chair beautifully okay let's change that talk about a different retailer let's talk about one of my other favorites for patio furniture which is west elm first of all no conversation about the west elm patio furniture is complete without talking about the port side collection the port side is a best seller it is one of the classic collections that west elm has had I think for many years now and for good reason because it's kind of got this sort of weathered uh outdoor relaxed sort of wood sort of texture to it and it comes in a whole bunch of different types it comes in chairs sofas sectionals uh coffee table comes like a whole bunch of different things so you're able to mix and match i wouldn't say go for the whole thing because I don't like a little bit too matchy and I don't always love that look but definitely, you can kind of pick from different pieces and it just always kind of has this real sort of minimal and relaxed

Patio ideas
Look to it it's beautiful the set comes in lots of different options I love that it comes in a smaller footprint but it doesn't take up a whole a lot of space I love that the back ledge of this sofa has a spot for you to put your drinks just are careful for when you're sort of leaning back but still it's a great option that's there comes in different types of wood it comes in different types of fabrics honestly, you can go nuts with this set I also really love that it's kind of got this sophisticated beachy vibe to it which I think just works well with the other pieces that wisdom offers another outdoor the collection that I love is the playa collection this sort of has kind of a Scandinavian sort of inspired look to it um I think it would look great with the port side so maybe if you don't want to go too matchy-matchy and you want to mix them up I think there's room to do that it's got a slim profile with clean lines and it's got this eucalyptus and mahogany a frame that's wide and big and perfect for relaxing next up is the framed arrows indoor outdoor rug so I picked this one mostly for outdoor use because um well a lot of outdoor rugs can be taken inside but not a lot of indoor rugs can be taken outside so I've sort of picked this up as an outdoor rug option for you it comes in these gorgeous sorts of warm colors it's just got this gorgeous a pattern in these warm inviting colors and it's got loads of different color options as well so you can check those out too I found this cami ceramic side table which is super cool comes in these different colors it can sort of double also as a plant stand that's something I like to do is take stools or things that are advertised to stools but then double them as a way to sort of get your plants off the floor so you're really sort of creating a intriguing space because you're bringing different plants at sort of different vertical heights which I just think makes for a more interesting and dynamic patio space

Patio ideas
So you can do that with this you can take this stool and you can put plants on it you could use it as a stool you could use it as a side table it's flexible in that way west elm also has these beautiful mid-century wood lanterns which has sort of had this glass a hurricane that you can store candles so it's made of mango wood cool and it's great for candles which are awesome for outdoors a lot of people forget the candles are really beautiful outdoors the biggest problem is is that when it gets breezy of course, your candle will blow out and that's what these glass hurricanes are for so again we're layering your lighting you're creating just a really interesting space especially as we're getting into these warm summer nights where you can spend more time outdoors for longer something like this is a great way to sort of add some ambiance to your outdoor space because sometimes we forget about that we assume patio space is always going to be bright and light and not necessarily as these days get longer you're able to spend a lot more time outdoors so bringing in candles or different types of outdoor lighting is a great way to sort of creating a more interesting space long into those evenings okay moving on to another one of my favorite retailers are cb2 and I wanted to talk about this hazel teak dining table it's really beautiful it's modern it's a collaboration with brett Baldock who is a fashion designer turned furniture designer so this is sort of a collaboration with cb2 and this is the the largest table that cb2 offers so this is really beautiful for like a larger patio so if you're creating like a big large patio space and you have the room for it, this is a gorgeous statement table okay next up is the Sofia black dining chair I love this dining chair because it is stackable uh it's a really good price point actually for cb2 cb2 tends to be a a little bit on the pricier side but this is a really good price point for this so it's stackable it feels really breezy and airy uh it works with a lot of different design styles I think no matter kind of what sort of patio you're trying to pull together

Patio ideas
I think it would work really well I think it works well with the dining table I just talked about and I think it's just a cool hand woven resin rattan chair that you should take a look I liked it in black but it comes in a whole bunch of colors okay here's the Santos speckled planter I have one of these he's super super cute he's one of my favorites planters that I have outside it's handmade with hand-poured glaze and it's also got this really interesting speckle detail and it's just a really fun cute planter to sort of mix in with all the other planters that you have outside I also want to talk about the dessert i don't know if that's how you pronounce it uh three-piece sofa from cb2 this thing is beautiful if you have the space for it it is gorgeous it's got this really beautiful black detailing which i think makes it special and this is part of the overall dessert collection um so it's great for larger spaces so if you have the room for it then I think this is a really a beautiful collection to take a look at from cb2 finally from cb2 I want to talk about the watermark brass bistro table I think this made an appearance in last year's year's video as well because i just love it so much just cool like elegant interesting beautiful bistro table to put outside i think a lot of people you know if you're looking for something a little bit more formal um this is a a lot of fun.

It's a little bit glad it's a little bit sophisticated and I really love that so if that's kind of the look for an outdoor space that you're looking for this is a gorgeous bistro table if you're looking for something a little bit more fun and funky maybe look elsewhere but this is just a really interesting sort of glamorous um higher-end table i would say to put outside okay next let's move on to another one of my favorite retailers which are Ikea and we're going to talk here about the Sparta these are the outdoor lights that you can put the string lights that IKEA offers first of all, these are difficult to find so if you find them at your local Ikea pick them up because they always sell out I swear but I managed to score a few boxes and I love them what I also love about them is that they're made of the plastic you wouldn't necessarily think that you'd assume that they're glass i always did but they're plastic which I think is smart for outdoors which I think is also really great because I think it makes it uh still feel like it's glass it looks like it's glass but it's going to be a lot more durable and last you more for longer-term because you break one of those bulbs and you pretty much have to throw out the whole set so I think this is cool the svarcha is an awesome set just sort of adds kind of a whimsical feel and again like I mentioned earlier in the video you're layering your lighting and I just I'm a sucker for string lights you know when it comes to an outdoor patio space especially as we get into those longer summer evenings.

Patio ideas
I think having some string lights just makes the place feel special okay two other outdoor deck tiles that you know I love IKEA because I've talked about them before is the emulsion and the run-in deck tiles so these are just sort of a click-in set that Ikea offers great for renters great for small patios uh just a great way to sort of upgrade that flooring and make it sort of a little bit more interesting and you can sort of get creative with the patterns you can do them run them straight across you could like a cross hatch them you have lots of different options on how you put it together uh but it's like really not like a permanent permanent solution uh in the sense that you know it's not like you're kind of putting out paving stones and all the rest of it you're not changing out your whole patio, it's not a whole renovation you just click them on and you put them over top of whatever the surface you're looking for so it's affordable and a really great option from Ikea so check those out to the half stone chair from Ikea is also a beautiful outdoor chair that's got this really big squishy sort of loungy feel to it which I think is super cool it might be difficult for some people to get in and out of I'm not gonna lie because it's close to the floor some of these you know they're made for lounging when you're in you're comfortable but it might be sort of hard for some people to get in and out of but just a cool big stuffy fl you know squishy loungy chair uh that you're just kind of looking for at an outdoor chair sometimes so that's a cool option to it also doesn't scream Ikea to me it sort of feels a little bit like I wouldn't expect this to be from Ikea okay next up is the stack, Holmen I'm not pronouncing any of these I can't as properly but you all know how you feel about this it's like it's not easy to get it right the Stockholmer is acool outdoor teak bench so you know we talked about some other items where we had incorporated some more tan or we talked about different wood elements from different other retailers but this is a really cool one from Ikea that's definitely worth checking out.

Patio ideas
I think this is just a cute little uh seat for you to have it doesn't double necessarily for drink storage like some of the other side tables and stools that we talked about uh but I think it's cool to just have some extra seating and it's just really cute and again it just sort of doesn't feel like it's from Ikea but it's kind of bringing some of those natural elements uh into your outdoor space okay here's another one from Ikea that I love it and you wouldn't think i don't know if you'd necessarily think i would love this but I think it's really cool is the trenaro um this is a cool stackable side table it comes in a whole bunch of funky colors and I just think if you're looking for a pop of color in your space if you're looking for something really fun and funky and a little bit kind of different than your typical things we maybe talked about here today uh this is a cool fun stackable table so uh again you can stack a whole bunch of them you can bring them out I love stackable items, especially for outdoors because you don't need them all the time so it's nice just to kind of having a whole bunch of them stack them all together and then just bring them out on as needed basis so super cool side table comes in a whole bunch of colors because it's Ikea it's a great price point um definitely worth checking out okay a few more items here I've got from Wayfair which is a retailer.

I don't talk too much about here on this channel uh but here we go first up I think is the afrodull um that sounds like an Ikea name but it's not the aphrodite uh concrete fire pit so this is really cool I have a fire pit from way far actually and uh they're great because um you know wafer is the type of the retailer where something like this works well where you're not gonna get it from some of the specialty furniture 3retailers, I talked about but this is a gorgeous concrete the finish I love a concrete fire table for outdoors so it's very slim it's very sleek um but it's just kind of got it's like different from those typical sort of fire pits that we sometimes see that is a little um you know with the blue glass-like I'm not a big fan of those because I just think it looks unnatural and kind of maybe a little tacky sorry but this concrete one is not tacky this one's cool and it just kind of feels sleek and elegant and a great option I also really love the Astra fire pit cover check this one out it's cool a a little bit interesting and again you're covering up that um ugly propane tank that's something that I think is important to do it also doubles as a side table the wafer is also good for a lot of really like kind of accessories like outdoor cushions I should do a buy this not that way fair the edition shouldn't I um but until then you've got some really sort of questionable options on the wafer we've got some cool ones too.

Patio ideas
So if you're looking for a certain cushion but you're looking for say coral or you're looking for sage or you're looking for mustard or like you're bringing in different random colors I'm sure they've got it on Wayfair so I'm just gonna link to some that i I like here I also found on Wayfair this Sardinia black and white pattern rug which I think is cool it's got this a really interesting pattern to it and an outdoor rug is something that a a lt of people don't consider but I think just like an indoor rug it sort of really grounds the space and sort of help define uh the space all the same rules by the way for buying an outdoor rug to an the anindoor rug still apply um but it's like in terms of spacing don't get one too small you know what I'm talking about it's a cool ruthat g comes in an interesting pattern and a great option as well if you're interested in an outdoor rug and finally I want to talk about the Copenhagen stacking teak dining chair um I love this shape it's kind of an iconic shape it reminds me a lot of the elbow chair but it's an outdoor teak dining chair but again it's stackable which I'd love for outdoor uh so I just think this is a really beautiful sort of Scandinavian inspired dining chair it's not your typical dining chair sometimes in my patio for For example, I like to go fun and funky with my outdoor patio a little bit more than my indoor stuff but if you're looking for something really in a kind of a classic the elegant shape then I think this is a really beautiful option from Wayfair.